MySQL install troubles.

Eric Jacobs eric at chomp.us
Fri Feb 4 15:04:38 MST 2011

There really isn't anything under /usr/local except for what mysql put
there. I make file lists before installing anything so I know exactly
what went in during the install. The only files under /usr/local were
put there by the mysql installation.

I think I'll re-image tonight and give it another go. I'm doing all of
this in a test VPS so I'm not too worried about messing it up. It will
be production one day, but for now I'm just learning the ropes of
bringing up web servers.

Thanks for all of your advice,
Eric