PLUG Digest, Vol 74, Issue 7

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 11:28:58 MST 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 10:47 AM, Charles Curley
<charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2011 09:50:35 -0700
> Derek Cox <dcox at aquaveo.com> wrote:
>
>> P.S.  The only emails I am receiving are the Digest vol emails.
>> Those are the only ones I can reply to right now.
>
> Derek, if you plan to reply to messages, please use non-digest mode.
> Replying to the digest breaks the threading, so it can be confusing.
> Also, if you email client supports threading (it should!) you will find
> it less confusing. Generally digest mode is for archives and other
> automated tools, not "real people".

What kind of sense does that make?  Digest mode is terrible for
archives and automated tools.  Why would you want things lumped
together in an arbitrary chunk in your archive rather than as threaded
individual messages?

No, digest mode is made for real people who don't want to receive a
ton of emails from a high-traffic list every day and who aren't mail
user agent wizards to set up their own list folders or whatever.  If
people on the list are too anal to deal with replies to digests, maybe
we should just turn off the digest option.

        --Levi