Spam via Postfix

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at
Wed Feb 2 08:46:54 MST 2011

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 8:14 AM, Tod Hansmann <tod at> wrote:
>> Feb  1 23:39:22 nova postfix/error[16480]: 255571FAD5A:
>> to=<kftjf at>, relay=none, delay=13, delays=0.44/0.06/0/12,
>> dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: host
>>[] refused to talk to me: 571 Email from
>> is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system.
>> The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit
>> and request removal of the block.
>> 110202)
>> Where did I screw up?
> If I'm reading this correctly, you didn't screw up.  Verizon's just
> blocking you.  It looks like your IP might be blacklisted with them.  I
> imagine if you're blacklisted, lots o' people won't talk to you.  So
> yeah, fix that, not your postfix conf.

I don't use Verizon, but the way I get around being untrusted by the
bulk of the internet is to use relayhost to send my email through my
ISP email account. ie; I use Xmission, so I relay my mail outbound
through Xmission using my credentials there.

I have no idea if that'll work with Verizon, but that is generally the
preferred (only?) method I am aware of.