Utah Open Source : Project Day / Raffle : UTOSC 2012 : Reminder Wordcamp 2011

Victor Villa vvilla at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 11:51:52 MDT 2011

Happy bday Linux!

## 10" XOOM Raffle ##
Ha!  thought that would get your attention!  Utah Open Source's quarterly
project day is coming up Sept 17, 2011  10a – 5:30p at the Miller
Professional Development Center.  This is a day where we supply the drink
and snacks and y'all come out to code on your favorite open source project
(don't forget to register your project!)

Yes, there REALLY is a Xoom involved in this quarter's project day.  Here is
how it works:  Attending the project day will get you a ticket for the
raffle, attending a qualifying user groups meeting listed and you get a
ticket (see rules for more info - http://project-day.utos.org/rules/).  One
lucky community member will be taking home the Xoom!

## UTOSC 2012 Call for volunteers & planning meeting ##
Also at the UTOS project day, we will be speaking about the up coming UTOSC
2012.  Please come in any time of the day to register to be a volunteer and
attend our UTOSC 2012 planning meeting at 2p to help us plan another great
event! (For nonlocal community memebers, please email me at
vvilla at utos.orgto be put on the volunteer list).  We will be providing
a way for nonlocal
community members to participate.

## Wordcamp 2011 ##
Wordcamp is coming up on September 10th, 2011 at Skaggs Biology Building @
University of Utah.  They've got some great presenters coming and some
awesome topics, check it out at http://2011.slc.wordcamp.org/ for more
details!

And finally, if you've made it down this far, then here is your prize.  Add
me to your google+ or facebook and post the following verbatim in your topic
and you'll get a raffle ticket.  Let's cap it at first 50.

UTOS Project Day - Sept 17, 2011  10a – 5:30p
Miller Professional Development Center
http://project-day.utos.org/

mj/v