PIC vs Arduino?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:59:06 MDT 2011

Actually...
If cost were the only deciding factor I would buy this
http://www.dfrobot.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=35&product_id=49
$15

Also the pre-loaded chips are $7.00 which is price competitive with a
PIC of similar capabilities.

Doing more homework it does seem like the arduino is a bit easier to
program since it uses C or at least a very C like language.  But how
about reliability?  This is going to be a process control application,
if it fails it could have serious repurcussions for very expensive
equipment..