PIC vs Arduino?

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Thu Aug 18 10:37:31 MDT 2011

On Thu, August 18, 2011 9:52 am, John Shaver wrote:
> I am also interested to know more.  I have looked at purchasing an
> Arduino unit for a while just to play around and see what it can do.
> Last I checked it wasn't extremely cheap though.   Any success
> stories?

I have no PIC experience, so I can't speak to that. But Arduino is /hardly/ expensive,
especially if you have the skill to assemble it yourself. I LOVE my Arduino Duemilanove
(pre-cursor to the Uno), and have had a lot of fun experimenting with it. It's cheap,
easy to learn, and can do a fair bit for the price.

--
Matthew Walker                          HAM Call Sign: N7TOX