need some home networking help

Jeff Nyman jnyman at
Wed Aug 17 11:09:06 MDT 2011

I'm running Zentyal on a dual core atom with 4 gigs ram at home. I only use it for file sharing. The web config can be slow at times but as far as the file sharing it is pretty speedy.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Brett Rasmussen" <brett.rasmussen at>
To: "Provo Linux Users Group" <plug at>
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2011 11:05:49 AM
Subject: Re: need some home networking help

I just read this comparison of Zentyal & ClearOS:,com_kunena/Itemid,232/catid,36/func,view/id,18641/

The main guy that gives his opinions says that Zentyal is more resource
intensive than ClearOS. The machine it's going on has a 1.66 GHz processor
with 4 GB of RAM. Richard or anyone with Zentyal experience, should I worry
about performance?

PLUG:, #utah on
Don't fear the penguin.

Jeff Nyman