need some home networking help

Richard Esplin richard-lists at esplins.org
Tue Aug 16 00:06:09 MDT 2011

It uses DansGuardian, but I haven't actually set that part of it up yet (OpenDNS is good enough for my family right now). But the nice thing about Zentyal is that it is standard tools, so once you use the GUI to do the basics you can tweak DansGuardian as much as you would like.

I haven't looked at traffic shaping with it. That might get tricky. Doing a quick Google search, it looks possible but I don't have any details.

As for me doing it, I'd love to spend an afternoon hanging out with a friend I don't see enough. You can just wave the fee you usually charge to put up with me. <grin>

But I won't have time until October (family illness and work deadlines have got me pegged).

Good luck,

Richard