need some home networking help

Gary Thornock gthornock at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 15 21:42:05 MDT 2011

For everything you've mentioned except DansGuardian, I'd probably second Victor's suggestion to go with pfSense.  That's what I'm using on my home firewall right now.

That said, if you do need DG, ClearOS looks like a pretty easy way to get it all working.  (Comixwall would work well, too, but there hasn't been a new release for a while.)  I'm sure it could be done just fine on Ubuntu, too, but ClearOS gives you a nice web UI for managing the whole thing.