32 vs 64 bit today?

Jessie Adan Morris jessie at jessieamorris.com
Sat Aug 13 12:41:27 MDT 2011

On Saturday, August 13, 2011 06:14:22 S. Dale Morrey wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I just wanted to take a quick poll and ask what the current state of
> the whole 32 vs 64 bit thing is now days when it comes to distros.
> I remember a few years ago there were some major issues when going
> with a 64 bit distro and was curious to know if this is still the case
> at all or if all those kinks have been worked out by now?  Is there
> any reason given a 64 bit processor that anyone would still need to
> use a 32 bit distro?

I used to have to run Ndiswrapper and all that bull larkey just to get Flash going in 64 bit, but as of Flash Player 11 Beta they have native 64 bit versions (http://www.jessieamorris.com/content/flash-player-11-beta-64-bit-ubuntu-1104).

Besides Flash, I have not had a single issue with 64 bit systems. I always prefer 64 bit these days.

--
Jessie Adan Morris
jessie at jessieamorris.com
801-210-1526