Best internet access in draper?

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Fri Aug 12 12:49:56 MDT 2011

To be more specific, the issues I have had with Digis are:
- about two years ago their throttling was quite terrible--once you
hit 2GB in the month it went from 5Mbps down to 128kbps, with *no* QoS
- they changed their configuration to require DHCP leases (even for
static IPs) but did not tell me--thus I would get random unexplained
downtime because the lease (which I had not acquired) had expired.
This went on for a few months before I finally called in and was able
to help them diagnose it. To be fair, their 2nd level techs are very
competent, and their 1st level techs (the ones I've dealt with at
least) are very easy going and escalate quickly when it's beyond them
(they haven't had egos)

On the plus:
- I have not encountered throttling issues for quite some time (years)
- I have only had a few outages in the past few years--all were
equipment failures which is understandable--it happens.
- They know how to do reverse DNS delegations--bonus points in the
competency department.

All in all, I'm actually quite pleased with their service. I haven't
compared prices in a long time, but I pay $40/month for 15 down, 5 up.

As always, YMMV.