Linux Music Production

Doran L. Barton fozz at hypermoo.com
Thu Aug 11 12:50:24 MDT 2011

On Thursday, August 11, 2011 12:26:38 PM Brett Rasmussen wrote:
> If I'm understanding correctly what you want to do, you ought to look into
> Ubuntu Studio.  It's a whole distribution aimed at multimedia creation.  On
> the audio side, it comes with a whole bunch of software for doing whatever
> you'd need: sampling, sequencing, mixing, etc.  Apparently they've also
> done some low-level tweaks to reduce audio latency, and I think they're
> roughly in sync with the standard Ubuntu release cycle as well.

Here are some other projects to check out:

http://www.hydrogen-music.org/hcms/

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/

http://www.passback.org.uk/music/fedora-music-intro/

--
Doran L. Barton - Hypermoo Inc. - <fozz at hypermoo.com> - 801-520-9875
Open source consulting, custom development, systems/network administration