Linux Music Production

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Wed Aug 10 23:40:26 MDT 2011

I'm looking into a curiosity of making music of a digital kind (techno,
jazz, folk?).  I have no budget for this, because it's a curiosity I've
literally looked into for about 10 seconds.  Is linux a decent place to
do this, or am I better looking at a trial of Fruity Loops on Windows or
something like that?  Am I even in the right ballpark?  I do searches on
this stuff and everything is talking about all this hardware like mixers
and soundboards and samplers, and I think "why do I need this?  I
thought software could handle this." and it's all over my head.

Anyone have a pointer in the right direction?

-Tod Hansmann