Best internet access in draper?

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Wed Aug 10 16:09:04 MDT 2011

On 08/10/2011 03:10 PM, Jason Hall wrote:
> I had a pretty crappy overall experience with Digis. They are at least
> open about the fact that they block or throttle certain ports very
> heavily. And if you pass their basic bandwidth limits you get very
> heavily throttled.  In my area though they were very heavily oversold
> and running just Canopy hardware. They do have some newer WiMax
> buildout, but I think it costs a bit extra.

Wireless service is much more dependent on the provider than wireline
service is. My company deploys a lot of Canopy gear and it's solid
stuff, but an oversubscribed AP can ruin a perfectly good system. And
obviously the wireless equipment has nothing to do with throttling policies.

I'm still hesitant on WiMax systems. The theory is sound, but I'm not
convinced the hardware has developed completely.

Corey