Best internet access in draper?

Jason Hall jayce at lug-nut.com
Wed Aug 10 15:10:13 MDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:53 PM, John Shaver <bobjohnbob at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 1:38 PM, Richard Esplin
> <richard-lists at esplins.org> wrote:
>> If those are your only two options, than you should also consider the wireless ISPs.
>>
>> I was pretty happy with Digis for a few years, though I know some people on this list had problems.
>
> I guess I really didn't take them into consideration (maybe I will
> now) for 2 reasons.  First, wireless usually means connectivity
> issues.  It doesn't always happen and alot of people have great
> success with wifi, but I haven't always.  Second, everytime I ask one
> of their sales people about the technology or speed provided by their
> service, all they can tell me is "It's broadband", which really
> doesn't mean much and is probably not even technically true, unless
> their wireless signals connect over multiple frequencies.   Them not
> being able to give me any specific information about he technology
> really steered me away from ever considering it.  I don't think that
> was Digis though, it was CLEAR or something like that.

I had a pretty crappy overall experience with Digis. They are at least
open about the fact that they block or throttle certain ports very
heavily. And if you pass their basic bandwidth limits you get very
heavily throttled.  In my area though they were very heavily oversold
and running just Canopy hardware. They do have some newer WiMax
buildout, but I think it costs a bit extra.

--
Jayce^

The Cloud is my Platform
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ