PLUG Update

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Tue Aug 9 10:42:44 MDT 2011

On Mon, August 8, 2011 22:25, Daniel C. wrote:
>> Does it need to be just one person, or could we have a multi-person
>> leadership that shares responsibility?
>
> For that matter, do the leaders in question have to be in Provo? I'm
> currently in Cambridge but I'd be happy to help out if I can.

In my opinion the main thing PLUG needs is someone who will arrange meetings,
locations, special events, attend them, etc. It might be hard to do if you
live far away. There is no special ceremony or anything to "lead" PLUG. You
simply start doing it. Get a meeting put together, let the group know when and
where, show up, and then go from there. Traditionally meetings have been the
second Wednesday at 7:30pm.

If you really want a special ceremony, sjansen can knight you. He has a
special penguin shaped sword for such occasions. Just, whatever you do, DO NOT
put on the harleypig speedo. Just don't do it. I know Stuart will say it is
required, but it _isn't_!

I... I still have nightmares. They won't stop... *shudder* the *shudder*
"initiation" was just... too much.

-Ryan