Linode.com account signup, coupons, and referral codes.

Tarrant Rollins tarrant at voidbyte.net
Wed Sep 29 09:08:29 MDT 2010

On Sep 29, 2010, at 9:03 AM, Joshua Lutes wrote:

> Would Linode be good for this or would anybody
> recommend another hosting service?  Thanks!

Do you know your way around a linux prompt? Do you know how to setup apache, postfix? If yes then linode is fantastic. All linode gives you is a working linux install with console and ssh access. Anything beyond that is for you to figure out.

I love mine. Have it serving my mail, small website. I also use it as a ssh proxy.

They don't have a lot of hard drive space so it doesn't work well if you want to use it as a hiding hole for videos or music.

-Tarrant