UTOS Keysigning Party

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 13:55:14 MDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:16:49AM -0600, Jacob Albretsen wrote:
> What about if your government-issued picture ID has expired?  Does
> that mean your identity has expired and you are no longer valid?

I'm not going to get anal retentive about the ID. Bring your driver
license or state-issued identification card, and you'll be good. Yes, I
understand that producing falsified identification could be a reality,
and I understand that checking a driver license only verifies that
he/she is capable of operating a motor vehicle, not that he/she is who
they say they claim.

The point is, this isn't CSI. We're only interested in signing PGP/GPG
keys, and we just want to make sure that the person presenting the key
they claim they own, is who they also claim to be. That's it. If you
want to bring your passport, fine. If you work for the military, and
have a military card, great. Just don't bring the latest family photo
from J.C. Penney or your high school ID card, and we should be good.

¿Me entiendes?

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o