gtk 2 program icon question

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sun Sep 19 22:53:52 MDT 2010

I'd like to set the program icon for a gtk 2 application written in C.
To do this, I know to use gtk_window_set_icon (). It takes a GDK
pixbuf. I can create a pixbuf from an external file using
gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file, but that's a bit tacky. I'd rather compile it
into the program. Supposedly you can do it, but how?