(un)professional e-mail skills -- was Re: JOB: Linux System Administrator

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 13:56:15 MDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 01:45:36PM -0600, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> I use mutt to check mail when I am on my web servers and just need a quick tool.  Used to use Pine, which I loved, until I found Mail.app.  Still like Pine though.

While my wife and I were dating, she was attending Utah State University
to finish up her degree, and the student mail was accessed through
Pine. I remember sitting next to her one day, while she was writing an
email to a professor in Pine thinking to myself "How arcane! The school
should have something like Yahoo! Mail".

Now, several years later, I'm using Mutt for most of my mail
communication (mostly to keep my mail headers updated in Git), while she
uses the Gmail web MUA. I know she thinks the same thing about me that I
thought about her years ago. My, how the tables have changed! :)

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o