Virtues of trimming -- was Re: JOB: Linux System Administrator

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Fri Sep 17 13:39:14 MDT 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 12:59:16 -0600
Aaron Toponce <aaron.toponce at gmail.com> wrote:

> So, now I get to find the email where Levi rebuked the thread, and
> more if I want to see where Stuart knee-jerked.

Oh, Aaron, as a mutt uber-user, surely you know how to search in mutt,
or even outside of it? There is a perl tool for grepping mail boxes, and
a short program to take the results of that search and toss it into
mutt so you can read the selected messages. Even I, a non-mutt user,
know that. :-)

#!/bin/sh

# grepm - a wrapper for grepmail utilizing mutt

# grepm-0.6

# written 1998-11-xx by Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net>