Top posting

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 11:15:41 MDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 09:49 -0600, Stephen Shaw wrote:
>> Since this is obviously our single most favorite topic... :)
>
> You do have to admit, Ryan and Levi displayed exceptional creativity.
> You'd think the topic would be dead by now, but by shear force of will
> they managed to turn the simple observation that "if you want to look
> like a local, Linux-related mailing lists tend to prefer trimmed,
> context posted replies" into the revelation that anyone who dares point
> that out is an immature idiot.

Heh, you know very well I didn't reply to "if you want to look like a
local, Linux-related mailing lists tend to prefer trimmed, context
posted replies".  I posted in reply to emails about top-posting
*outside* of Linux-related mailing lists, and specifically about the
association of top-posting with the general laziness of a person.  You
can encourage people to not top-post on this list all you want, and
I'll be happy about it.

        --Levi