(un)professional e-mail skills -- was Re: JOB: Linux System Administrator

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 10:51:19 MDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 10:31 AM, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 10:18 -0600, Levi Pearson wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > That's an amazingly creative insult!  And assuming quite a lot to boot.
>>
>> Just following your lead.  You've been insulting all top-posters and
>> assuming they're all lazy.
>
> Really? Citation needed.

Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> But that's not the worst of it.  Almost without
> exception when someone in the management hierarchy replies to my email
> with top-posting it signifies that he or she did not read anything I
> wrote and is just replying to what he or she thought I said.  It's very
> frustrating because it represents simple laziness on the other person's
> part.  If he's too lazy to read what I actually wrote, what else is he
> lazy in?

Maybe I was wrong to assume that this was indication that Michael
associates top-posting with lazy email reading, and lazy email reading
with general laziness.  But that's what I was replying to.

If Michael doesn't really believe that top-posters are lazy people,
then that's great and I will revoke the applicability of my late-night
rant to him.   Assuming you don't believe that either, I'll also
revoke it's applicability to you, and it will be left as a general
rant not about any specific person on the list.

        --Levi