(un)professional e-mail skills -- was Re: JOB: Linux System Administrator

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Sep 17 10:30:17 MDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 09:56 -0600, Levi Pearson wrote:
> you guys were already implying that top posters were lazy and otherwise
> deficient human beings, so I was just responding in kind

Apparently the difference between "a culture of top posting contributes
to poor communication because top posters are less likely to notice when
they fail to respond to the entire message" and "top posters need to
grow up" is a bit too subtle for you?

I said "I wish I could change the culture" and you interpreted that as
"all top posters are scum". It's one thing to argue for an awareness
that different cultures exist. It's another thing to declare that we are
immature for stating the obvious fact that some cultures are superior to
other cultures.