(un)professional e-mail skills -- was Re: JOB: Linux System Administrator

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 10:09:27 MDT 2010

On 09/17/2010 10:05 AM, Bryan Sant wrote:
> Your OP made it sound like these <insert class warfare term> people
> were top posting (and ignoring the details of your message as a
> consequence) in a direct and premeditated effort to marginalize and
> dismiss you.  Perhaps they're just busy, read a lot of email, and have
> low reading comprehension?

It's true that e-mail does fail to communicate certain nuances, as my OP
demonstrated then.

To be clear, I never felt marginalized.  Mainly I was just frustrated
with how what should be handled in one or two e-mails with someone often
results in five or six, due to miscommunication, which top-posting kind
of promotes.