Top posting

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Sep 17 10:06:25 MDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-17 at 09:49 -0600, Stephen Shaw wrote:
> Since this is obviously our single most favorite topic... :)

You do have to admit, Ryan and Levi displayed exceptional creativity.
You'd think the topic would be dead by now, but by shear force of will
they managed to turn the simple observation that "if you want to look
like a local, Linux-related mailing lists tend to prefer trimmed,
context posted replies" into the revelation that anyone who dares point
that out is an immature idiot.

What surprises me most is that (based on the email behavior on lists
like LKML, xorg-devel, gtk-devel) Linux is primarily written by people
with the intelligence of third graders. A fact that has somehow escaped
me until now. Rest assured I will be re-evaluating my life choices as a
result of this revelation.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/9/17
http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2010-September/thread.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2010-September/thread.html