mime type being changed by mod_rewrite

Wade Preston Shearer wadeshearer.lists at me.com
Fri Sep 17 01:28:29 MDT 2010

On 17 Sep 2010, at 1:01, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:

> It was mod_rewrite, but not how I thought. The files were getting rewritten when they weren't supposed to be.
>
> I'm using…
>
>   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>   RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>

> …to ensure I only rewrite "pretty URLs" (ones that aren't an actual file), but it's not working for some reason. It's rewriting everything.

For those interested, I was able to resolve the issue. This article discusses it:

http://marc-abramowitz.com/archives/2005/12/18/whats-up-with-request_filename-in-mod_rewrite/

REQUEST_FILENAME did not have the full local file system path. I had to prefix it with DOCUMENT_ROOT for it to work. This is the first time that REQUEST_FILENAME hasn't worked. I think I can understand why though, as I am doing something a little different this time (the virtualhost is a wildcard subdomain).