[uug] The Git Challenge

Andrew McNabb amcnabb at mcnabbs.org
Tue Sep 14 16:42:16 MDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 09:42:08PM -0600, Andrew McNabb wrote:

> Take on the Git Challenge.  We'll give you a list of tasks to carry out,
> based on your level of experience.  Learn how to use version control to
> protect your files, collaborate, and track changes.  If this all sounds
> routine, then practice branching, stashing, and cherry picking.  And if
> that isn't crazy enough for you, then try to commit to a bare repository
> or edit history.

By the way, O'Reilly will be providing prizes for the Git Challenge.
Several active participants will win a free book--choose between Version
Control with Git[1] and Pragmatic Guide to Git[2] (which will be
published in November).  If you would like, you can have an ebook
instead of a paper book.

Thanks to O'Reilly for this contribution, and I look forward to seeing
you all on Thursday.

[1] http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596520137/
[2] http://www.pragprog.com/titles/pg_git/pragmatic-guide-to-git

--