JOB: Linux System Administrator

cwood at digecor.com cwood at digecor.com
Tue Sep 14 15:08:17 MDT 2010

Position: Linux System Administrator (digEcor - Springville, Utah)

Overview
The Linux System Administrator position is an exciting opportunity to be
involved with systems used by passengers on aircraft around the world every
day.  This position will be involved with system administration,
integration, and quality assurance related to video programming,and
client-server automation utilizing the latest technologies on cutting edge
hardware.

Essential Duties and Responsibilities

- Maintain network, servers, and telecommunications related items
- Oversee all purchasing of electronic equipment (PCs, etc)
- Handle issues that are technical that may be related to server
administration or other odd technical problems for other departments
- Available 24/7, when needed, to handle problems with remote servers,
telecommunications, or the network
- Install and configure new Linux servers
- Oversee network layout and manage LAN//WAN/VPN
- Administer remote servers at customer facilities around the world
- General Windows server administration
- Website server administration
- Non-admin tasks: video integration, user interfaces, graphics, etc, on
digEplayers
- Security administration (PCI, MPAA)

Qualifications
- Self-motivated, self-managed
- Problem solver - sees opportunities and researches resolutions
- In-depth knowledge of Linux and Linux networking
- General knowledge of Windows servers
- Must be able to script in Linux and handle automation of processes
- Beneficial to have experience with Apache, Mysql, PHP, CMS, Flex, Java,
Video Encoding, Encryption, VMware
- Thorough understanding of hardware technologies including components for
machines (CPUs, hard drives, RAM types, etc), disk arrays (RAIDs), Linux
partitioning, etc.
- Must be detail oriented for video integration tasks
- Must be fluent in English for quality assurance tasks (visual spell
checking)

Note on video content:
While we strive to select video titles that are fit for a general audience,
there is the requirement to inspect some 'R' rated titles, unrated foreign
titles that are equivalent to an 'R' rating, or foreign TV shows that may
contain content that would not meet U.S. TV broadcast standards.

About Us:
digEcor is the global market leader in portable in-flight entertainment
(IFE) for the airline industry.  We created the portable IFE market in 2003
with our ground breaking digEplayer 5500 (AVOD) which was followed in 2008
by the digEplayer XT and we have now introduced the digEplayer L Series.
We are looking for talented and skilled employees who are energetic and
passionate about their jobs, our products, and our company.

We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.  We are an Equal
Opportunity Employer.  (http://www.digecor.com)

For applying, please see http://www.digecor.com/about-us/jobscareers.html