WordPress hacked?

Tod Hansmann tod at todandlorna.com
Tue Sep 14 12:37:15 MDT 2010

  On 9/14/2010 12:30 PM, Doran L. Barton wrote:
> Not long ago, Jessie Morris proclaimed...
>> On 9/14/10 12:21 PM, Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
>>> I don't know what you're seeing, but "Hacked" is WordPress's middle
>>> name.  Wish I could be more helpful.
>> Now that is a bit hasty. I think that WP has this reputation because a
>> lot of noobs set up WP. I mean, it is like... SUPER easy.
> Yeah, just 'chmod 777' everything and it just works! I love how easy that
> was.

I think that actually used to be in the docs.

In all seriousness, it DOES get hacked a lot, and not just because noobs
set it up, but shared hosting installers often get something wrong or
there's a vulnerability discovered that effects EVERYONE'S installs.
However, the OP probably wasn't, unless he's suddenly posting about
horribly shady subjects he wouldn't normally post about.

-Tod Hansmann