Writing a simple python web app

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Sun Sep 12 14:24:10 MDT 2010

On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 10:00 -0600, Dave Smith wrote:
> This app is ultimately destined for an embedded board running around
> 600MHz.

> 1. Can you point me to a good primer on getting started with Django without a database?

Just work through any Django tutorial. Pay attention to the part about
routing (urls.py) and views, ignore the part about models. In your
views.py do whatever you need to collect and format the response.

> 2. Do you think Django would work well with the limited hardware specs I cited above?

Performance should be acceptable assuming a light load. I'm concerned
about the memory requirement. Django will probably fit, but it'll be
tight.