Writing a simple python web app

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Sat Sep 11 16:57:39 MDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-11 at 15:40 -0600, Dave Smith wrote:
> However, Django is overkill for my app (I don't even have a database).

Why does it bother you that Django is overkill? You aren't required to
define models in order to use Django. The option to expand your app's
functionality seems valuable, even after it's balanced against the
(small) increased deployment and maintenance complexity. The Django
community is also a net positive.

If you want something more modular, check out Pylons.

If your app really is super simple, consider just writing a handful of
CGIs. It won't win any performance awards, but that probably doesn't
matter to you or you would have defined your needs in terms of
performance instead of language.

--
Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org>