streaming video server

Kyle Waters unum at unum5.org
Thu Sep 9 11:04:16 MDT 2010

So, I'm interested in setting up a streaming video server.  Someone
would run a client on their laptop with a web cam and connect to the
server, the server would then stream the video out to users of the
website(a delay up to ten minutes is acceptable).  I've found some
commercial software available to do this but would of course prefer free
software, or at least server side solutions that run on linux. Does any
one have any experience or suggestions, third party integrate solutions
are acceptable.

Kyle