Contract Linux Admin

Clint Savage herlo1 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 23:29:58 MDT 2010

Hey guys,

Recently, I started a Linux system administration training and
consulting company, called Purple Atom.  Right now, it's just me and
one other guy part-time.  However, we got this pretty awesome contract
who wants us to work pretty much full-time at their location in Park
City, though I have worked remote a couple times.  Anyway, the job is
pretty awesome, and I'm interested in someone who would want a
contract-to-hire position.  I've included the description below, so if
you are interested, please send me your resume and rate to
jobs at purpleatom.com.

Here's the details:

Thanks,

Clint

--

Linux System Administrator

Purple Atom is an IT systems consulting and training company,
specializing in Automation using Open Source software.

We are seeking a talented LAMP system administrator to help manage our
client’s web infrastructure.  The position is a contract, full-time,
position for our client in Park City with a potential for full-time
employment.  You will be tasked with managing the entire hosting
infrastructure across development, staging and production
environments.  Ideal candidates will have a can-do attitude, passion
for technology, a penchant for security and expert-level system
administration skills. Your work will include recommending, upgrading
and maintaining current Linux systems, database administration
(MySQL), source control administration (Subversion/Git) and network
security, among other things.

Required Skills

   * Enterprise level Linux expert w/ experience in load-balanced web
servers. We use CentOS 5.  In-depth experience with another
distribution is a plus.
   * MySQL administration & tuning.  We have a replicated MySQL
setup, and we'll want you to hit the ground running.
   * Subversion/Git administration. We use both, and we'll need to
have you support both.
   * Network & System Security. Enterprise level network/system
security experience is a must.
   * Automation Experience. We believe in automating tasks to make
our work easier, and we'll want you to play a key role in helping us
do that.
   * Bonus: Web development experience. You don't necessarily need to
be able to hack HTML, PHP & Javascript to do this job, but if you do,
so much the better.

Experience

This is a mid-level position; we're looking for somebody who has at
least 3 years of Linux system administration experience.  Previous
work with high volume websites a plus.

Other Details

Our client is a fast paced, well-known retail company with 200% growth
year-over-year. You will work in a fun and creative environment with a
talented group of individuals.  Excitement at every corner with
interesting challenges and opportunities to grow.

The position is on-site 4-5 days a week, with possible telecommuting
1-2 days a week.  The position requires candidates to be in an on-call
rotation.

How to Apply

If you are interested in this full-time, contract position, please
send your resume and rates to jobs at purpleatom.com.