Hadoop Plug Meeting?

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 21:08:22 MDT 2010

Would anyone be interested in a presentation on MapReduce generally
and Hadoop specifically?  If so, I'd like to present.

Hadoop is an open-source MapReduce framework inspired by Google's
MapReduce and Google File System (GFS) papers.  It's used to process
"Big Data" (petabytes) by distributing work across tens, hundreds, or
thousands of nodes in a cluster.  Hadoop is used by Google, eBay,
Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo!, Adobe, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, Intel, Tynt
(hey, that's where I work!)...  Pretty much any shop with Big Data...
Including Microsoft / Bing -- oh, the Irony.

More here:
http://hadoop.apache.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadoop
http://sortbenchmark.org/