JOB: Linux packaging expert at Fusion-io
GEkker at fusionio.com
Mon Oct 18 14:26:56 MDT 2010
Fusion-io is seeking to add engineering talent to our Build Development team. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to an exciting, high-growth company. This team is responsible for building, packaging, and releasing software. In addition, this team develops and maintains internal tools for our engineering groups.
This position requires an experienced software engineer with strong Linux/UNIX skills. Candidates should possess excellent troubleshooting skills, attention to detail, and the ability to balance multiple high priority issues. The ability to adjust to shifting priorities and to successfully work on a variety of projects is essential.
- Packaging and building drivers and other software on Linux, UNIX, Solaris, FreeBSD, etc.
- Maintaining build systems, both software and hardware
- Good communication with users and colleagues, including the ability to efficiently and constructively resolve conflicts
Required skills and experience
- Dedication to software quality, user experience, and team culture
- Linux kernel and drivers
- Proficient in various programming and scripting languages, Python, C, and shell scripting
- Network booting
- Build tools: SCons, autotools, make
- Sound knowledge of RPM and Debian packaging
- Mercurial, Subversion, or other version control systems
- Knowledge of version control, build, packaging, and release workflows
- Windows, Solaris, and Mac OSX
- Experience working with open source software and communities
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, its contents and any attachments to it are confidential to the intended recipient, and may contain information that is privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy the original e-mail message and any attachments (and any copies that may have been made) from your system or otherwise. Any unauthorized use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this information is strictly prohibited.
More information about the PLUG