What Is Your Favorite Terminal Setup?

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Thu Oct 14 09:26:50 MDT 2010

On Thu, October 14, 2010 9:24 am, Brett Rasmussen wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Matthew Walker <mwalker at kydance.net> wrote:
>
>> Looking into this, but maybe someone can point the the right direction for
>> my only major
>> qualm about using multiple tabs inside a screen. How do I get the screen
>> tab's name to
>> match the 'title' set by my prompt? The one that would normally be used by
>> any GUI
>> terminal like Konsole?
>>

> Do you mean how the title automatically changes to match the application
> you're in?  Again, I can't speak for screen, but tmux does that by default.
> There are some other options for setting tab titles, but I haven't played
> around with them.

I've been thinking about it, and I think it may go back to how my prompt itself is set
up. Need to research. But I think my systems' bash profile only sends that title if it
detects what it deems to be a 'compatible' terminal type. So it's possible it's not
including screen in that list.

--
Matthew Walker                          HAM Call Sign: N7TOX