Philosophic Noodling (was Re: Internet Health)

Daniel C. dcrookston at
Wed Oct 6 00:20:47 MDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 8:02 AM, Levi Pearson <levipearson at> wrote:
> In any case, time doesn't become "real" through aggregate measurement
> in the same way that temperature does.

“Time may be an approximate concept that emerges at large scales—a bit
like the concept of ‘surface of the water,’ which makes sense
macroscopically but which loses a precise sense at the level of the
atoms.” - Carlo Rovelli, a physicist at the University of the
Mediterranean in Marseille, France, from this article:

Got the metaphor wrong but it'd been a while since I read the article.