kubuntu + ati radeon X1650

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Tue Oct 5 16:27:37 MDT 2010

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010 15:59:59 -0600
Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> wrote:

> There's also a conf dir you can add stuff to. Xorg now searches in
> /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/ (which, at least in red hat, is where
> packages write configuration) and /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ (which should
> not be clobbered by packages).

Thank you, that's nice to know.

I just checked on Ubuntu 10.10 on a virtual machine, and 10.4 on my
laptop. 10.10 has neither. 10.4 has /usr/lib/X11/xorg.conf.d/ and
several files in it. Since I didn't put them there, I conjecture the
relevant packages did. I also conjecture that not having them present
is a non-fatal error.

Maybe if the OP will create the second by hand (mkdir as root) his KDE
program can then use one or the other and save his configuration.