Internet

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Tue Nov 16 13:45:00 MST 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-16 at 13:36 -0700, Von Fugal wrote:
> But if you piss too many people off, with too much infraction and
> largess, then they leave the social contract. Isn't it better to try and
> keep the contract manageable and amicable to all involved, to better
> foster its own continuance?

Yes and No.

Yes. That's why we are a representational democracy. Everyone gets their
chance to voice an opinion.

No. Sometimes appeasement leads to peace and prosperity, other times it
leads to WWII.

As they say, "can't please 'em all".

If you're so pissed off that you're ready to leave the social contract,
be our guest. Although you will probably have a tough time finding a
nation more in line with your ideals unless you're willing to move to
Somalia.