Internet

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Tue Nov 16 13:36:41 MST 2010

<quote name="Michael Torrie" date="Tue, 16 Nov 2010 at 13:30 -0700">
> On 11/16/2010 01:00 PM, alpheus.madsen at juno.com wrote:
> > On the other hand, there have been peaceful, free societies where
> > individuals would immediately give a helping hand when someone was
> > down on their luck--without forcefully taking that "help" from
> > their neighbors.  Medieval Iceland was one such society.
>
> Believe it or not, I mostly agree with you.  In small groups of people
> under ideal circumstances, a completely anarchistic society can exist
> quite nicely.
>
> In the meantime I fully support the underlying idea of social contract
> that undergirds the modern American republic.

But if you piss too many people off, with too much infraction and
largess, then they leave the social contract. Isn't it better to try and
keep the contract manageable and amicable to all involved, to better
foster its own continuance?
--
Von Fugal