Uptime Check

Steven Alligood steve at bluehost.com
Tue Nov 16 13:11:02 MST 2010

On 11/16/10 11:03 AM, Jeff Schroeder wrote:
>> Several of our machines continue to chug along. Here is our winner
>> (closed off private system running a specialized process):
>>
>> 09:34:28 up 1985 days,  3:05,  1 user,  load average: 0.61, 0.66,
>> 0.60
> Looks like I'm about a year behind you.
>
> 11:03:00 up 1644 days, 16:05,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
>
> Jeff

no way, not even close.

Security is way too big a concern for us, even in closed off
environments.  You do know that the linux kernel has had a butt-load of
root level exploits in the past year, much less multiple years?

And don't use the argument of closed off system, even your own employees
are an attack vector, and many of the bot nets out there are behind and
through firewalls.

-Steve