Internet

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 12:47:28 MST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> wrote:
>> It's worse that you think. Do you realize that in addition to
>> fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt,
>> flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream.

I'll bite.  Fluoride is toxic.  Read the warning label (which the FDA
now requires) on a tube of toothpaste sometime.

Does fluoride help prevent tooth decay?  Yes.  Do unsafe levels of
fluoride cause brittle bones (and very high doses can even cause death
in small children)?  Yes.  I drink a gallon of water a day.  So how
about I be granted the chance by our magnanimous government to choose
if I want to swallow a toxic substance.  Too much to ask?

Applying a safe amount of fluoride to my teeth topically, and then
spitting the excess out when I'm done is good.
Being forced to swallow a powerful insecticide every time I feel thirsty is bad.

I find it curious that progressives/statists are outraged that a
corporation like McDonald's provides parents an opt-in choice to feed
their children a high-calorie/high-salt/high-trans fat meal (while
certainly a poor nutritional choice (*** DING, DING, DING *** -- key
word of the day is CHOICE), it's not potentially lethal), but they're
totally cool with the state fluoridating the drinking water supply and
forcing all citizens to drink a known-to-be-dangerous toxic substance.
 Nice.

Progressives blow.