Internet

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Fri Nov 12 13:21:25 MST 2010

On Fri, 2010-11-12 at 13:03 -0700, Von Fugal wrote:
> Oh, I don't know, because they PROVIDE the SERVICE??
>
> If you don't like what they block, then pay someone else, like XMission.

You know, it's really too bad the electric companies weren't more
forward thinking. They should have fought for the right to approve what
type of appliances could be plugged into the electric grid. Just think
how much progress we could have made as a society! Perhaps even flying
cars and teleportation. But because they didn't see what was coming, now
all I have is a crappy dishwasher, high def tv, and a mac book.

AT&T fought the good fight to keep its phone lines pure, but sadly the
evil competition haters in the government saw an end to that. Now look
at the cesspool we live it. My rotary phone broke last week and I won't
be able to get a replacement for months. If only it were possible to
carry a phone around in my pocket. I'm sure AT&T would have created one
for us if the government had just let them continue to control their
customers with an iron fist.

Oh well, I guess it give me more time to live in a the fantasy world in
my head where government regulation makes competition possible.