Internet

Von Fugal von at fugal.net
Fri Nov 12 08:28:41 MST 2010

<quote name="Kimball Larsen" date="Fri, 12 Nov 2010 at 01:49 -0700">

> On Nov 11, 2010, at 9:39 AM, Von Fugal <von at fugal.net> wrote:
>
> > <quote name="Doran L. Barton" date="Thu, 11 Nov 2010 at 09:31 -0700">
> >> Not long ago, Von Fugal proclaimed...
> >>
> >> Check out clear.com.
> >
> > Yeah, this one looks pretty good. Basic home for only $35.
> > --
> > Von Fugal
>
> Beware of clear. The gotchas may getcha.
>
> http://www.kimballlarsen.com/2010/09/13/clear-internet-a-review/

Yeah, I read their ToS, and saw that they don't want you doing hosting,
specifically web hosting. If I was spending a lot for one of their
better plans I might take issue with that. But for $35/mo, I can't
really complain. I've got internet, streaming works (although netflix
changed quality a few times, most of the time it was in HD), online game
play is not noticeably laggy at least for the game I play. "Double NAT"
might be an issue, especially since I love to run dnsmasq, but there are
ways around that.

So far, I'm happy with it. Personally, if I wanted to do hosting on my
own, I think I'd still pay $35 for basic service at home and spend my
would be $20 more for a beefier connection on getting a linode instead.
Maybe I'm just silly. ;)
--
Von Fugal