Learning to Program

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Mon Nov 8 22:05:12 MST 2010

On 08 Nov 2010, at 17:36, Michael Torrie wrote:

> When I was very young (single digits) I learned Logo.  It was fun
> because it was so interactive.  Logo may yet still be useful for a
> learning language.  Python even has a turtle you can import that brings
> some logo-like functionality to python.  Certainly Python isn't that
> hard for kids either (google snake wrangling for kids).
>
> Basically any language that has simple I/O (ie print and input of some
> kind, no java-style object stuff), I think kids could really get into.
> QuickBASIC was quite ideal for this back in the day because the IDE was
> quite nice for the day and very interactive.

I have given my kid some fun logic games like Fantastic Contraption, but I just found another that is completely geared toward programming.  Very cool.  Thought I would share for anyone else with kids.  Or if they just want to have fun and test their own logic skills.

http://armorgames.com/play/2205/light-bot