scripting languages

Wade Preston Shearer wadeshearer.lists at
Mon Nov 8 09:40:39 MST 2010

Why not use PHP, the language you're already fluent in?

On Nov 08, 2010, at 08:23 AM, Victor Villa <vvilla at> wrote:

I recently shifted career focus from web dev to sys admin.

As I learn Bash i'm finding more and more that knowledge of a scripting
language is needed, though i'm seeing some talk about PERL and some talk

If my work environment really hasn't taken advantage of a scripting language
(nothing predefined), which should I choose? PERL or Python?

PLUG:, #utah on
Don't fear the penguin.