Bringing in the Sheep: the FireSheep firestorm

Aaron Toponce aaron.toponce at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 18:32:11 MDT 2010

On Thu, Nov 04, 2010 at 01:09:54PM -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> I haven't seen any discussion of FireSheep here.
>
> http://www.charlescurley.com/blog/archives/2010/11/04/bringing_in_the_sheep/index.html

It's reasons like this I've always used a secure proxy when connected on
a public LAN, wifi or not. Some options you have to keep your connection
secure:

* SSH tunnels
* HTTPS/OpenSSL tunnels
* TOR
* Freenet
* I2P
* OpenVPN

Sometimes, it's more than just bypassing restrictive firewalls, it's
also preventing attackers from doing anything successful with your
private data.

And when using a public computer, I use portable tools on a thumb drive,
and always browse in private mode with my browser.
http://portableapps.com.

Simple solutions for tight security.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .