Anyone use IAXmodem with Hylafax and Asterisk?

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Mar 25 16:00:44 MDT 2010

On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 3:40 PM, Tagg McDonald <tagg at bitbandit.net> wrote:
> i am trying to setup some faxing over our VoIP system. so far i can send
> faxes like a champ, i can also receive faxes send from my box out to the
> VoIP provider and back into our system. but i can not get the darn thing
> to receive faxes from other fax machine.
> if anyone has played with a setup like this and might have some insight
> let me know.

Sorry I can't help.  To be honest, I've stopped worrying about sending
and receiving faxes.  If I'm working with someone who still needs that
ability, I'll happily pay for a service to take care of it.  I think
it ends up being cheaper in the end (given the cost of replacing
machines, paper, dedicated lines, etc.).

I know that doesn't help much (OK, at all), but it's my 2 cents ;)

BTW, I've like MetroFax:
https://www.metrohispeed.com/soho/

Good luck,
Gabe