OT - Any of you know Michael Golden

Joel Finlinson joel at finlinson.net
Wed Mar 24 16:25:20 MDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael Torrie wrote:
> > Just to explain, Michael's e-mail account got compromised and someone is
> > sending out messages to his friends and family asking for money.  A
> > real-life, live 409 scam in progress.
>
> Also I spoke with him in person on the phone, so if any of you know him,
> don't worry; he's on it.

Can you tell us what email account was compromised?  gmail?  aol?  yahoo?

I received a similar thing from a friend who thinks it's the Mac's fault.

>>> On 2010-03-24 at 15:35, <friend> wrote:
  What do you use for Antibugware on your Apple PC?  Are there any freeware
packages?   We have a user here who had her personal Yahoo email account
hacked.  She just bought a new Apple for christmas and doesn't think it has
any antivirus on it ..... you know the story .... apples don't have those
kind of problems.

Anyway, her yahoo account was wiped out (inbox, outbox, contacts, etc.) and
then someone sent out a message to all her contacts indicating she was
having a hard time and needed money from everybody.

Any info you might have that we could help her out with would be
appreciated.

Thanks.

Second question:  What do you Mac folks use for your antivirus?  if
anything?

  JOEL